Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken with Mushroom Saunce




Brr! It is cold outside! Well I guess that it is about time, considering I live in Germany. It has been pleasantly warm and snow-free since this past week! But isn't it just pretty? As long as I can stay inside, I will be good with the snow. So with the snow comes cold and with the cold comes colds. Yes friends, I have a cold! If I was reading this aloud to you, you could say that I sound a little bit like Steve Urkel. Congestion is a horrible thing.
Despite my cold, I have managed to stay somewhat on track with working out and eating healthy. I am still working on Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred, and still completing level 2. It is still tough, but I am starting to feel stronger every day!

So this week I made a delicious dish that kept me warm and was still healthy! I made chicken with mushroom sauce, from Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet cookbook. Everything that I've had from this book has been wonderful so far, and I cannot wait to keep trying all of the different recipes. So here is a great dish that is easy to make!

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
from Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet


Ingredients:
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup fat-free milk
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

In the same skilled, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.





Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 212 calories.

Doesn't that just look delicious? Well let me assure you, it is! I hope that you will be able to enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment