Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh the Things You Can Make!

Like I said in my original post, I want this blog to be basically about everything that I do. Not only am I trying to become healthier, I usually try and find things to do to fill my day. Two of my favorite things are painting and crotchet. Now I am definitely not claiming to be an expert at either, but they are things that I really enjoy doing. Another thing I love is being able to make gifts. Each Christmas I try to make personal gifts for family and friends.

So here are a few different things that I have made. First, as a baby shower gift, I painted letters of my niece's name to go into her bedroom. All I did was take a picture of the bedding my sister planned on using. Then I bought matching paint colors and copied some of the pattern of the quilt. I absolutely loved giving this to my sister, and still feel a little pride when I walk into Addison's bedroom and see her name displayed!

My grandma gave me a miniature chair to paint for Addison next. I used the same colors as I used for her letters. I also painted the same type of flowers on the chair as on her letters.








Since I've become obsessed with Pinterest, I've found some really cute ideas for other types of crafts. One thing I really love has been all of the different types of wreaths. Recently I've made two wreaths of my own. The first I made was for winter. I made it with supplies that my mom, aunt, and grandma sent me from the states. How sweet is that? So I used blue, silver, and white as my colors for this wreath. Doing that meant that I could leave the wreath up after Christmas because I didn't use the typical Christmas colors. I also used snowflake ornaments on the wreath. It is so easy to make a wreath. You just arrange different things on a wreath base and then when you like it, just glue everything where you want it.














With a new season, comes a new wreath. For my newest wreath a used a straw base and wrapped it in multicolored yarn. This part took a long time, but the overall look in the end made it worth it. I then made some felt roses and leaves to add to the wreath. I matched the color of the felt to the yarn. It is now my favorite wreath and every time I walk into my house I have to gaze at my crafting skills!



It is so easy to make things for your own home or for your friends and family. I don't think there is anything better than filling your free time with crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment