Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pinterest... a Catch 22

Isn't it so easy to get distracted when we have so many other things to do during the day? My most recent distraction is Pinterest. I am quite surprised my eyes haven't shriveled up yet from studying the screen as I scroll through endless pictures. The good thing about it is that Pinterest fills my slow days and gives me wonderful ideas for crafts and cooking. The bad thing about it is that it motivates me to workout one second, and then the next it makes me crave a batch of cookies.

So, while on Pinterest, I discovered someecards.com... seriously it is hilarious. I decided to join in and have started making my own. Here is one that describes what I am currently writing about.



Maybe I am not as witty as I would hope, but whenever I look through Pinterest, that is what I think.

Other ideas I have about Pinterest are dealing with all of the different things people pin. I am not casting any blame, but isn't it funny how people "pin" things that have no relation to themselves? For instance, some girls have "wedding" boards. This is an excellent idea if you are in fact engaged. If not, then I must say pinning hundreds of different diamond rings is setting yourself up for disappointment. I wonder how many crazy women leave specific boards up on their computer screen. They are hoping that their significant other will scroll through and realize, "I think I should ask this girl who has pinned 30 wedding dresses and 10 different engagement rings to marry me."

Like I said before, I am guilty of pinning items that I would like to cook, wear, do, etc... but deep down I will not do or get any of those things. I feel that way when it comes to style. I have the greatest desire to dress just as cute as the women pinned on those style boards. Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to put an outfit together or the boldness to carry it off. So here is my next ecard about Pinterest.



What are your feelings about Pinterest? Is it the Promise Land of ideas or perhaps the waste land of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment