Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Memories from last year.

As I was browsing Pinterest today (big surprise), I started thinking again about my body. I was just looking at the fitness section, and I suddenly started thinking about all of the times I wished I had looked and felt better about my body. Here is one time.

Last summer, I went to a beautiful place in Alabama where there were breathtaking waterfalls and a place for swimming. I went to two girls and two guys, yes I was the odd man out. Anyways, I remember putting on a bikini and telling myself that I would be confident enough to wear it. I then placed a tank top and shorts on and headed out the door. Now I love swimsuits and have many; unfortunately, I can't wear them all. So I had been working out and felt somewhat confident, so I put on one of my favorite. When I got there, I immediately started dreading the moment when I had to take off my top. The two girls I was with were so cute and tiny, and compared to them I felt like a huge beast. Long story short, I spent the day swimming with my top on and feeling embarrassed the entire time. I was miserable. To top it all off, I didn't bring another shirt so I drove home and had dinner in a wet, stinky top.

This year, I don't want to feel like that again. I don't think that I will ever be 100% confident in a swimsuit, but I would at least like to enjoy occasions when I have to wear one. I feel so hindered by my insecurities, wouldn't you think that would be enough motivation? So, it is time for a change. After all, life is too short for me to be too scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment