Sunday, January 8, 2012

You know you need to workout when...

Yes, you know you need to workout when your husband says/agrees that you are out of shape. Of course you can admit to yourself that yes, indeed, you are out of shape! When someone else says that too, that's when you need to get into gear.

In my last post, I shared some of my New Year's resolutions. One of them was in fact being healthier and getting into shape. Here I am, nine days into the New Year, and I've already lost my gusto. I spend a good amount of time trying to get motivated by doing a number of different things... Staring out the window, watching a movie, looking at Pinterest, etc.. No, those things don't actually motivate me, but most of the time they are just more exciting than working out.

Here's the problem, I live in Germany and don't live near a gym. Sure that is just a lame excuse, I can workout at home. But my dear friend, there are only so many workout DVDs out there. Sure I will find some that I get really into, and then about two weeks later, I can mimic everything the instructor says and does. It isn't very exciting.


Okay, so enough of my excuses. Here is my most recent workout. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. This woman is a beast! I watched her on The Biggest Loser many seasons, and when I can access cable, I watch her now on The Doctors. I am a HUGE fan! Not only is she absolutely gorgeous, she has the best way of motivating... by yelling. So I've started doing that DVD about 4 times a week. Of course I've really only done it for one week, but already I am finding myself moving slow to get on my workout clothes and my that bad boy in the DVD player. Ugh, if only Jillian were here to yell at me in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment