Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time to Make Some Resolutions

It's that time of year again. You all know about it. I think as soon as you reach a certain age, and are a female, you all have at least one or two of the same resolutions as most of the female population. "I am going to lose weight." Yep, that's it. Now I would love to say that I don't have to continue making this empty resolution again, but I am just going to have to do so. This year will be different. Instead of wanting to lose a ton of weight, I mainly want to become more healthy. That means cutting out the junk and starting a better lifestyle. So here is my New Year's Resolution list:

1. I need to become healthier. This includes my eating and workout habits.
2. I want to read my Bible every day. This is something that I've gotten away from, and I am just happier when I do it... so why don't I keep doing it?
3. Stop cursing. Now don't get my wrong, if you know me you would think this is an empty resolution, because I don't curse. I would just like to eliminate any small words spoken out of anger.
4. Read more books. This year I read 15 or more books. I think that is pretty good, but I know if I replaced my t.v. watching with reading, I could have read even more.


So there is my list. Of course I will probably have many more things to add, but I don't want to become overloaded. What are your resolutions? I don't think it is bad to set them. Sometimes I think it is funny how by the time it is February, the promises we've made to ourselves are swept under the rug, only to be brought back occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment